Loadhog is a multi-award winning UK manufacturing company where genuine innovation lies at the heart of everything it does. Sales manager Giles Moore says, “Our mission is to solve every day problems within logistics and supply chain operations – reducing transport requirements, eliminating packaging waste and making life easier for those using our products.”

Loadhog was established through its sister company Gripple Limited when the chairman, Hugh Facey, identified the opportunity to develop a better method of securing a pallet load than traditional wrapping/banding methods. Operations are centred on ‘The Hog Works’ – the company’s head office situated in Sheffield, a 120,000ft2 renovated gun factory situated near the River Don. Here are housed all of the manufacturing, design and development resources, including a suite of Engel injection moulding machines, a state of the art MART layer pad wash machine, and a dedicated ‘ideas and innovation centre’.

This innovation centre serves as the backbone to the company’s operations, with 12 staff looking at problems in the workplace. According to Giles, “Many companies have problems in its supply chain, in many cases because it has never been changed; if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it! What we do is to look at the whole supply chain, take it apart and look at each component; we then prepare a solution which is submitted to the client highlighting all the savings that can be made and it is then up to them whether or not they choose to accept it.

“We currently employ 55 staff and 98% of all our components are made here in Sheffield; the remaining 2% being made within South Yorkshire. All of our products are 100% recyclable and, in many cases, contain a percentage of recycled material. We currently deal in 20 countries. I deal with Scandinavia, agents act for us in the USA and Japan, while the Middle East and South Africa are dealt with direct.”

The Loadhog Pallet Lid is a robust plastic injection moulded lid incorporating retractable straps with an integrated tensioning mechanism, allowing fast and waste free pallet security. The Lid is available in all standard EU pallet sizes and US pallet size. We are also able to apply the strap technology to bespoke lids to meet our customers’ needs.

The Pally & Lid system has up to a 500kg capacity and the same usable footprint as a roll cage. One foot press converts the Pally from a pallet to a wheeled dolly and back, whilst the Plastic Pallet Lid clamps the load together from above, can be security sealed and facilitates double stacking. Due to having no sides, the Pally & Lid System dramatically increases vehicle fill by over 40% saving many unnecessary trips.

For further information please telephone 0114 280 0821 or visit www.loadhoglids.com.

Related Posts